Saturday, August 23, 2008

country vs city life

Having grown up in the suburbs of Chicago, this country living is a lot different than I'm use to. I love it. But it's a change. The positive include no traffic, no airplane noise, no neighbors close by.

There are things I never thought I'd be doing. Like composting and scooping animal poop, and spending hot summer days outside doing manual labor. Funny thing is our family seems to do best when we do have a project going on. Even if it is a labor intensive one that is done in the heat of summer.

Living in the country has put me in situations I never thought I'd be in. Like yelling to the dog, "get that deer jaw bone out of my living room!" The kids and I do enjoy going outside to try and figure out what animal the bone belongs to and what part it likely is. But I do not want the bone in the house. I have learned more about animals and nature than I ever thought I would. But so far it's been a fun adventure (sans the deer bone in the living room).

The summer is coming to an end, fall is coming and that means time to plant grass. We have a lot of work to do. I'll post more about it later.

No comments:

Pin It button on image hover