Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Thanksgiving

I know July 4th is a day as an American we celebrate our independence ~ life, liberty and the pursue of happiness.... but with all the devastating and scary things going on, I am taking this day for thanksgiving. 

Thanksgiving that I have life, liberty and the ability to pursue happiness.

Thanksgiving that my home and life is not threatened by wild fires.

Thanksgiving that we haven't gone through terrible storms and lost power for days at a time in intense heat.

Thanksgiving that war and threats of violence are not in my backyard or in my neighborhood or even anywhere close to me.

Thanksgiving for all those who put their life on the line so that I can have life, liberty, the pursuit of happiness, in addition to safety from wild fires and violence.

Thanksgiving for all I do have: a wonderful family, a wonderful farm, and lush fiber to play with all day.  I am blessed.

No comments:

Pin It button on image hover