Saturday, January 16, 2010

Ravelry

I finally joined Ravelry. I had heard about it a long time ago but never got around to actually checking it out. It has been on my "to do" list for over a year now.

For those who don't know, Ravelry is a website for knitters, crocheters, and spinners. Really anyone who does anything with yarn. There are main forums and specialized groups you can join. Any type of group you can think of is there, from a broad forum such as "Yarn", to a very specific group for knitters who spin alpaca fiber and so forth. You can join the groups that match what you do. For example I joined a group for people who raise fiber animals, and a group for people who love all things alpaca, one for Michigan Spinners, knitting with handspun, and Social Workers who love yarn. There are tons to pick from, so there is sure to be several that fit what you do.

You have to set up your own account with a username. Within your account you can post pictures and updates of the projects you are working on.

I've only just begun my journey at Ravelry. And I've been lost in the depth of it for way too many hours to count. There is so much there!

If you are on Ravelry, please friend me, my username is oakhavenalpacas.

No comments:

Pin It button on image hover