Saturday, October 27, 2012

Twilight Ear Flap Hat

We started with this, two award winning alpacas:





That's Twilight and Tucker.  Twilight is a very very dark silver gray.  Her fiber appears black with just a dusting of gray throughout.   Tucker is a light silver gray.

Each spring we shear off their fiber, our harvest for the year.

This is Twilight's fiber:


I skirt that fiber, and flick it, to make it into yarn:







Then I knit it into something:






All of this is done by us, 100% farm fresh!  You don't get any more local made than that!

I finished my Twilight Ear Flap Hat:


The picture does not begin to do this hat justice.  It is soft and warm and oh so comfortable to wear!




This Twilight Ear Flap Hat is for sale on our farm's Oak Haven Alpacas, LLC, ETSY page.

1 comment:

Kathryn Ray said...

I am in awe of your commitment to do it all by hand.

It was important for me to learn how to do it all by hand. But to continue to do it, year after year. I bow to your prowess. :-)

Pin It button on image hover