Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Fiber Update

This past weekend my goal was a spin up a skein of Lightning's fiber. Unfortunately, I did not meet this goal. I finished flicking the first batch of his fiber for the first strand of yarn:

And I started spinning up that strand:

By Sunday evening I had the entire strand completed:

But since I make 2 ply yarn, this was only half of what I needed completed.

Then, on Monday evening I flicked up the second batch, for the second strand. It turns out, if I put my mind to it, I can flick up an entire batch in one night. These were even bigger batches than usual, since I wanted to make sure J will have enough yarn to complete the hat he plans to knit. I hope to spin this up on Wednesday and Thursday evening. Then on Friday I can ply it.
Pin It button on image hover