Sunday, June 3, 2012

Cat Nap Sunday Afternoon


I can't believe that little kitten fell asleep with his head so close to my spinning wheel! I was spinning away, looked down and there he was, fast asleep. I walked off and was able to get some pictures, he still didn't wake up:


I have a pretty good view of the pregnant girls pen from my spinning wheel:


Despite 2 of our girls being on day 350 of their pregnancy (what we consider their "due date") no cria were born today, just lots of cat napping and sun bathing:


I think I should have taken a nap. I am training to run a 15K in June, and this morning I did a practice 9.5 mile run. Had a great run, but I know by late afternoon I will be quite tired from it.  There's still time for me to catch a nap :)

2 comments:

Norma from Misty Haven Alpacas said...

That looks like a slice of heaven to me...sunshine, on a deck, spinning alpaca fibre, complete with a cute sleeping kitten and lounging pregnant alpacas! All that's missing for me is a rum and diet cola and pretzels!
What a sweet kitty.

oak haven alpacas said...

LOL NOrma, I purposely cropped out my stash of snacks and drinks :) It's an alpaca farmers secret what we us to quench our thirst and hungry appetite ;)

Pin It button on image hover