Monday, January 3, 2011

Fiber Fiesta results ~ First Place, Judges Choice!!!

I am excited to say the results for the Fiber Fiesta have now been posted.

Back in September we mailed in our entries (blog post about that here). We entered two males in the 2 ounce fiber competition: Sancha's White Lightning and SA Peruvian Greyt Exxpectations. And I entered two home spun skeins in the home spun competition.

Greyt received a 2nd place in his class. And, I am so thrilled to report that Lightning's fiber received:

1st & Highest in Color Group & Best Crimp


This comes after Lightning received a first in the fiber spin off at Nationals this year. I have always said Lightning's fiber is incredible. He is the male to go to for that fiber boost.

I entered two skeins in the home spun yarn competition because I was curious to have feedback on my yarn spinning abilities. I have never entered any of my home spun yarn in a competition before and was anxious to hear how it would stack up.

I sent in a skein from Cafe. That skein received a 2nd place ribbon. I also sent in a skein from SA Peruvian Greyt Exxpectations, which received:

1st and judges choice!!!


Here I had been so worried my home spun yarn would not stack up in a competition. These fears were not true at all.

6 comments:

Eliz said...

Now you just need to spin enough for me to buy. Oh my. I need yarn!

Awesome job, Cara. So proud of you (and your alpacas too, but mostly you.)

Linda said...

Great job! I've never had the nerve to even enter.

oak haven alpacas said...

Linda, since you taught me, I"m sure you'd do fantastic!!

You should look for somewhere to send in a skein :)

Cara

Lou Harmon said...

Congratulations!!!!!!

Cathy said...

Congrats! Good for you for entering your skeins. We need more people to enter the skein and fiber arts competitions at shows.

I am thrilled with Lightning's results!

Cathy

oak haven alpacas said...

Oh Cathy, we were so excited to see that about Lightning! I have always said his fiber is incredible.

I also wish more people would enter. Now I'd like some competition :)

Cara

Pin It button on image hover