Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Our second spring show

On Friday we leave for Fort Wayne, Indiana, where we will be attending the Indiana Alpaca Invitational. We are so excited to be headed to another alpaca show!

We have attended this show since it began, three years ago, in 2008. While we did not bring our own animals to show that first year, we assisted our mentors, South Haven Alpacas, in showing their animals. Unfortunately South Haven Alpacas is no longer in the business, and I have to say every show we attend we think of them and miss their input. It's not the same without them. In 2009 we took our own first show string of Victoria's Shelby, Kateri's Tehya, and Sancha's White Lightning. Oh the memories! Last year, 2010, we were enthralled with our champion, OHVNA Pocahontas.

I have always said the competition at this show is the most fierce of any show that we attend. I don't know why I feel that way, because J has pointed out to me that we've come home with similar ribbons from this show as we do at other shows. Something about this show always makes me feel like we really need to step it up.

1 comment:

WonderWhyGal said...

I'm not showing this year but...I'll be visiting on Saturday. I'll make sure to stop by and say hello.

I agree, the ribbons that this show do seem to carry more weight.

Pin It button on image hover