Saturday, November 19, 2011

Age old question

If a tree falls in the woods, but no one is there, does it make a sound?

Well, this past week I learned if I fall in the alpaca's pasture and scream, no one in the house will hear me!

This past week was an entirely new routine for our family. J started his new job, which means a regular work weeks schedule, day shifts Monday through Friday (after 9 years of him working off shift, this was a huge change for our family). Part of my new routine is to get up a little earlier so that I can feed the alpacas in the morning. When I get out there, it is still dark. One morning while carrying a big load of hay, I stumbled on a tree stump and fell flat on my face! Of course mid fall I let out a very loud scream. I wasn't hurt, thankfully, but definitely embarrassed!! I sort of thought someone from inside the house would look out to see if I was ok, but no. Later they told me they never heard a thing. The alpacas sure heard me. They ran as far away as they could, when I screamed. But the interesting thing is that when I was getting up, they came near me, as a herd, and a couple of them sniffed my back. I'd like to think they were checking to see if I was ok. But really, I think they just wanted me to get that fresh hay in their bins.

2 comments:

Kathryn Ray said...

Oh, I'm glad you're ok.

Ertman-Trowbridge Family said...

Glad you weren't hurt!

Hope the family continues to adjust to J's new schedule okay!

Pin It button on image hover