Saturday, December 10, 2011

A Workout

Today was a real test of a work out. I've often advocated that having a farm is a great way to stay in shape. I do exercise in addition to doing farm chores, but that's more my own thing. My blog followers wouldn't know this, but there was a time in my life when I was very out of shape and overweight. In 2003 as a family we made a complete life style change (I lost 70 pounds in 8 months time, an accomplishment I am still so proud of, and best yet, I've kept my weight in a healthy range since losing all that weight). Ever since, I have made exercise a regular part of my life. I run several days a week to get in cardio workouts, and I also use the Shake Weight so that I have upper body strength. This upper body strength is essential to farm work (hauling hay, wrestling alpacas, carrying water and so forth).

Today we moved 200 bales of hay into our hay barn. It was a tough workout! These are really heavy bales of hay, at least 50 pounds each. We also cleaned out the garage and got rid of some other junk that had been accumulating. I'm most impressed that the kids were so very helpful!

I have pictures of our hay hauling day but tonight I am way to tired to post them. I'll be sure to post them tomorrow.

No comments:

Pin It button on image hover