Sunday, April 27, 2008

Another Week

Another week of cria watch and no baby. I did not see any new signs at all this week. Sancha looked more uncomfortable last week Friday than she has since. She must have just been hot, though that could have caused contractions. I'm still holding out hope she'll have that baby tomorrow, on my birthday ;) But the reality is likely she'll hold off another couple weeks. When looking back at her days of pregnancy J noted that in the spring Sancha delivers later, the earlier births were fall births. They have done studies that indicate alpacas have cria earlier in the fall and later in the spring, the theory is that it coincides with warmer weather. From what we've pieced together of Sommerfield's birth Sancha held her for almost a year, that would give us a birth of May 10 or so. I don't know if I can wait that long! Patience patience....

No comments:

Pin It button on image hover