Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Stalls at the show

Each show is a bit different in how the stalls are designed. Here is a long view of the stall area at the Best of the US show this past weekend:



Here is a closer look at the front of our stalls (we shared stalls with Ashton Stone Alpacas):



And here is the back/side view:



Our pens got a lot of attention. Rose, of course, fulfilled the role of interacting with anyone walking around checking out the stalls. When we'd walk around the venue with her, people would comment "Oh my wife loves that animal". They can't believe how friendly she is. In fact several people stated that when standing by our stall that they couldn't believe how friendly they all were. I think this has to do with the fact our cria basically live in our backyard and are close to people all the time. It also helped that one of the males from Ashton Stone Alpacas was bottle fed and he was very friendly also (as were all of their boys). This made our pen very fun to come and see.

4 comments:

Mother Robinson said...

The pens look great. So happy everyone behaved well and drew attention to our farms with their friendly personalities!

oak haven alpacas said...

They definitely did. When we were packing up we found there were several young families walking around with their young children. Panacea and Rose were great hits with the young kids (and older people too!)

Cara

Ertman-Trowbridge Family said...

It looks so clean! I mean, it really looks lovely.

Thanks for all the advice regarding wheels. Yes, I will definitely want to try a few out. My biggest dilemma right now is a single or double treadle. I think I want a castle style because it takes up a bit less room. Will you be around this weekend for me to come over for a short visit and sit at your wheel?

oak haven alpacas said...

I will be home most of the weekend. Likely not Sunday morning, but otherwise I should be. So please do stop on by.

I debated double vs single treadle too. Double is easier to learn on, but I had some established spinners say they broke a foot or something and wished they had a single treadle since you can do that with one foot. Though I've sometimes wished I had a double treadle, then maybe J or Emma could work on it too. It really comes down to what you like when you sit down and work with the wheel.

:)

Cara

Pin It button on image hover