Wednesday, December 26, 2007

knitting

I haven't posted much about my knitting because it can be very boring to talk abuot, especially since without a digital camera I do not have any pictures to show off my work. But I have been very busy with knitting and should do an update.

I made several pairs of slippers socks for Christmas gifts. I knit a pair of baby booties out of alpaca yarn (I bought some at The New Ewe, a yarn shop in town). I also knit a scarf out of alpaca yarn. The alpaca yarn was interesting to work with. I realized quite quickly that I will need to get different knitting needles as my metal ones are too slippery. I have pictures of these projects that I will have to add when I get them developed.

For Christmas I got a yarn swift and a winder. J spent most of yesterday using them to rewind all my yarn. He then wanted me to show him how to knit. I am a horrible teacher, but attempted to. By the time we went to bed J had knit a small swatch in garter stitch. For his first attempt and the fact I was his teacher I think he did great! Emma has been begging me to teach her to knit but I do not think I have the patience or the skill to teach her. Maybe if J gets better at it he can teach her.

No comments:

Pin It button on image hover