Monday, March 12, 2012

Goal Achieved



I came up with a plan a few weeks back to use our travel time as production time ~ time to knit!

I worked really hard to spin up as much yarn as I could, knowing show season was on it's way. I spun and spun and spun. Keep in mind too, that I spin from raw fiber. It's much more time consuming than spinning from rovings or batts (though the dyed blue yarn in these hats was, that's the only exception).

Here is my production studio:



How do you like our newest signs?



One of the blue and grey hats is already promised to someone, but the other will be for sale (I'm going to let the initial purchaser choose which one they prefer, if you special order, you get special treatment :) ).

Tehya's Ear Flap Hat is exquisite. It is so soft and luxurious. Her color is rich and beautiful:



Tehya's Ear Flap Hat is for sale on our farm's ETSY store, Oak Haven Alpacas LLC. Though I don't think it will attract buyers there until I get better pictures of it. If anyone has suggestions on good pictures for ETSY, I would love to hear them!

I also have this hat, a Tehya and Greyt Striped Ear Flap Hat, that is for sale also. I completed this hat prior to our trip, but hadn't listed it on ETSY yet.



My goal was to knit up two hats on our trip, one on the way there and one on the way back. As it worked out, I came home with 3 completed hats!! When we left I already had the first one almost done, because I couldn't wait to start it. I began knitting it waiting for the kids at school pick up. I not only finished that hat, but knit up two more. I was very productive. I even started a fourth hat:



I know I will be knitting on this at school pick up, so it's sure to be done before our next trip. This means I have lots of yarn spinning I need to do in order to have a stock pile of yarn ready when we head out for our next alpaca show.

No comments:

Pin It button on image hover