Saturday, December 18, 2010

One Week

That's right, in one week it will be Christmas Day!

I still have some alpaca products that I want to make for Christmas presents. This means the push is on to get them done. I am not one to procrastinate, so this already feels too much "last minute" to me. I'm sure they will all be done in time, but I hate having it still to do.

Last weekend and throughout this week I completed a double skein of Tehya's fiber. It took a lot longer because I did a double one. But we needed that much yarn to complete our projects.

Here is Tehya:



Her fiber all flicked and ready to spin:



One strand completed:



When I plyed it, I had one strand that was longer than the other. While this can be annoying, I use it for good. I had one strand of a darker brown already waiting for this exact scenario. I made a small skein of the two color ply, a perfect accent yarn for a project:




Right now I am working on spinning up a skein from Tucker's fiber, another project in the works.

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Cara,

You need to get a ball winder. Then you can wind off those leftovers into a center pull ball and ply from each end of the ball. No leftovers that way.

knitpicks.com has a ballwinder at a decent price. I wouldn't be without mine!

Pin It button on image hover