Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mothers

For Mother's Day I can't help but think of our expectant alpaca mothers. We have 4 bred females on our farm this year. Three are proven, experienced moms: Sancha, Kateri and Victoria. And for the first time we have a pregnant maiden, Maddie.

This week on my blog I'm going to focus a post on each individual alpaca mom (dam), to celebrate each of them. And since cria season is upon us, there is so much to think about, I'm sure I'll fill a nice long post on each of them :) Sancha will be first, and I will post that on Monday.

To keep up with other happenings on our farm, keep watch of the Upcoming Events.

Shearing is NEXT WEEKEND!
Then the next week is the NATIONAL show!

So much excitement to come.

2 comments:

Lou Harmon said...

I do hope you post with pictures about the shearing.

oak haven alpacas said...

Oh yes, I definitely will. I always post before and after pictures of each alpaca. I find that fun to do. And I try to post a couple pictures of the shearing. But the fact is, both J and I are really busy during shearing, so I don't usually get a lot of pictures of it. I think this year we will have the kids help us, and I know they would love to get some pictures for me.

We'll be very tired on Saturday (shearing day) but I will try to get a post up about it as soon as I can. :)

Pin It button on image hover