Monday, February 13, 2012

1st Completed Skein

On February 12, 2012, I completed my first full skein of yarn for the month of February. A beautiful skein from Tehya's fiber:



Better late than never!

This skein is 197 yards long and weighs just under 13 ounces (I think that weight might be off, the yarn might not be completely dry). After figuring out that one hat weighs about 6 ounces, I figure I can get 2 hats out of this skein. One hat knit entirely out of this skein (I think an entire Tehya fiber hat would be lovely, this fading fawn has so much color texture in itself it will be beautiful). I also could knit up another hat with a base color from this Tehya fiber yarn yet with a lot of stripes (I have all those mini skeins mixed with Tehya that would be lovely as mix matched stripes). One skein could = 2 hats!!

I am still a bit behind in my yarn spinning goal, but as usual, I have a plan and I'm fighting to make it work (though I admit I have debated with myself quite a bit what a skein specifically means and what I could pass for a skein but that's a post for another day).

No comments:

Pin It button on image hover